1. Civic engagement is positively linked to academic achievement: Students who performed voluntary community service were 19 percentage points more likely to graduate from college than those that did not.
2. Volunteering connects you to others - new friends and new contacts.
3. Volunteering is good for your mind and body- enhances self-confidence, fights depression (social isolation), and helps you stay in shape.
4. Volunteering can advance your career by providing experience and enhancing skills.
5. Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.